January 13, 2010

The Daily Sync for January 13th, 2010





Welcome to the first ever edition of "The Daily Sync," certain posts that are pretty much my attempt at compiling and further reporting video game news ... that other people have done already ... but I provide links to them and comments ... ... ... yay!  I figured that since I practically have a stock ticker of gaming news, I would do something else with it than read it for myself.  Lo and behold, my brain-news-child, "The Daily Sync."

Every weekday after 5pm I hope to provide a short list of some of the crazy, interesting, sad, and exciting news that has been released that day and the night before.  5pm because I'm at least done with my office work for the day (usually), and I take forever on these posts so I miss out on anything that happens that evening.  Just go with me, people! :)

Read on to see what I deem newsworthy!




FINAL FANTASY XIII'S NEW TRAILER, FEATURING LEONA LEWIS' "MY HANDS"

Out in Japan for a month now, those of the Westernly persuastion are eagerly awaiting the XIIIth iteration and have only about two months to go.  Ahh, I remember when I saw one of the earliest trailers forever ago (May 2006 to be exact) ... the mysterious locations, the stylish, nameless female, and the awestruck daze of not really knowing what the heck it all meant but it's Final Fantasy!!!  The years have gone by, and now, 60ish days away, we'll finally be sated.  The latest trailer (dubbed the International Trailer), to me, draws on more of the emotional and causeworthy sides of the plot, enhanced by Leona Lewis' pleasant vocals.




NEW ASSASSIN'S CREED DLC?  3?  2 PART II?  AND WITH MULTIPLAYER?!?

IGN released details today about Ubisoft's 2011 fiscal year plans, most notable an almost nonchalant mention of "a new episode of Assassin's Creed, which will be the first in the series to have an online multiplayer mode."  Maybe not nonchalantly, but without any further details, all we can do is speculate.  Read here about what Ubisoft said, as well as their list of 2011 fiscal year games.


MEGA MAN'S FORTHCOMING NEMESISES ... NEMESI ... ... ... BOSSESS

Mega Man 10 is coming out this March!  There's always a mixture of love and hate when I think about ole big blue head.  Mega Man 2 had to have been one of my top 3 favorite NES games back in that day.  The music still gets you going, and Metal Man's weapon could tear through any boss!  But then it was hard as crap.  Nowadays, I think back fondly at the fun names of those jumpy and transporty villains, and picture myself instead flawlessly destroying them.  The Mega Man Network dropped a blaster of fun today with a listing from a Japanese source confirming Mega Man 10's Masters, aka bosses:



Sheep Man
Commando Man
Pump Man
Blade Man
Strike Man
Solar Man
Chill Man
Nitro Man






MODERN WARFARE 2 HAS MADE A BILLION DOLLARS



Is this really a surprise?

4 comments:

  1. Uh oh looks like I'll be subscribing to yet another blog. Look forward to reading your daily snippets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I now have a purpose for this! I'm not writing to myself anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheep Man?

    SHEEP MAN???

    Oh, and thanks for posting the FFXIII trailer.



    Oh, and, SHEEP MAN????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep ... and guess what his power is.

    Give up?

    It's obvious! He shoots lightning bolts and splits himself a la The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

    Obviously!

    ReplyDelete