February 4, 2010

The Cult of Rapture's Final Q&A Leaves a Lot to Be Desired


BioShock 2 site The Cult of Rapture has posted it's last Question & Answer session, and the answers seem odd.  Not all of them, but a few.

I'm not worried about the game, but when promoters don't answer a question directly, it gives me a slight pause.  Case in point:
How many different kinds of splicers are there?
You’ll encounter some familiar Splicer faces from the first game and see what 10 years of ADAM abuse has done to them. There are also new Splicers like the Brute that are new and much tougher opponents.
How many different Splicers will there be in BioShock 2?  From the answer above, anywhere from 1 to infinity.  I realize they don't want to give anything away (and I don't want them to, either), but a ballpark figure shouldn't divulge red herrings or twists in the plot ... unless it does ... somehow ...

#2:
Will there be an optional way of knowing how many audio logs you have (apart from counting the ones youve gotten)?
I don’t believe so, sorry. I think the requirements for the “Historian” achievement/trophy are a bit less stringent in BioShock 2, so hopefully it’s not as much of a worry.
My interpretation is that the audio log achievement in this sequel will be like "Collect 90% of the audio logs."  Well, I guess there's no point in trying to go all the way and seeing something to the end.  Personally, I think it's more of an ACHIEVEMENT to find all ofsomethingbutwhatever ... I'm just guessing.  Does this also discourage exploration, one of my favorite things to do in the original?  I could be (hopefully) wrong.

Numero trois:
What is that diving knife-looking thing on Delta's belt?
It’s a diving knife. It was in Delta’s original concept art, and made it into the model. I hope I’m not spoiling anything by saying it doesn’t play a part in the actual game – you’re a Big Daddy, so of course the Drill is your melee weapon of choice.
Wow.  Did this really need a mention?  I guess they got a lot of questions about it.  And, yeah, CoR, my heart is hurt and you did spoil it for me!  I can't use a knife?  Fine ... guess I'll try to use the humongous drill attached to my arm ... I guess ...

Sorry for my sarcasm, but this was a weird Q&A.  They didn't even end it in celebratory fashion, like with a "Thanks everyone for your questions!  We hope you love playing next week what we've bled, sweated, and cried over for so long!"  Nope.  Just saying there won't be ghosts but flashbacks (I for one loved the ghosts, so I'm sad to see this go).

Whatev, 2K ... I guess I'll still play your "little" game at midnight next Tuesday and play all day until I hopefully beat it and love every second of it.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment